Saturday, February 12, 2011

All Bikers should live so long as to be this kind of kind old man!


As a follow-up to Geoff's post on Ageing Bikers!, I thought we should all be delighted to read about his cousin Walt Jones

Toward the end of the Sunday service, the Minister asked, "How many of you have forgiven your enemies?"

80% held up their hands.

The Minister then repeated his question. All responded this time, except one man, an avid Biker named Walt Jones, who attended church only when the weather was bad to alleviate his PMS syndromes

"Mr. Jones, it's obviously not a good morning for motorcycling. It's good to see you here today. Are you not willing to forgive your enemies?"

"I don't have any," Walt replied gruffly.

"Mr. Jones, that is very unusual. How old are you?"

"Ninety-eight," he replied. The congregation stood up and clapped their hands.

"Oh, Mr. Jones, would you please come down in front & tell us all how a person can live ninety-eight years & not have an enemy in the world?"

The old Biker tottered down the aisle, stopped in front of the pulpit, turned around, faced the congregation, and said simply, "I outlived all the sons of bitches."

20 comments:

Webster World said...

Hell yes!

Cat in the road said...

I don’t have any enemies either since senility kicked in and I forgot who they were.

Cat in the road said...

P.S. There's a typo in your link (First sentence)

A Lady's Life said...

lol
Isn't that the way to get even lol
Don't get mad. Out liv em lol

Canajun said...

Hear! Hear!

Geoff James said...

Brilliant! Check my blog in a few minutes and I'll have another one for you :-)

BeemerGirl said...

Cute...but with that attitude I'm sure that he just made a few in that church. :)

-Lori

Baron's Life said...

Webster word...your love for the dictionary says it all bro...

Baron's Life said...

Scribe816
We're actually, in my case anyways, very close to what you describe as senility upon us..I'm hoping the riding power will help delay the process..Cheers mate

Baron's Life said...

Scribe86...thanks for pointing out the typo...senility in action already

Baron's Life said...

Lady'life...yes it is...lol
The God father

Baron's Life said...

Canajun
Somewhere along all the blogs I read I came to discover we might be of the same age (Vintage)and hence we understand each other well...we sang or rather listened to the same songs growing up

Baron's Life said...

Geoff,
I did and you are 2 quick for this old man...lol
Did I ever tell you ...you live in Paradise on earth..might as well enjoy it cause I just got tweeted from a departed relative that Paradise up there is not all Sunday sermons marketed it to be

Baron's Life said...

BeemerGirl
Actually the story goes that his attitude rewarded him with a great dinner and sleep over from an ear to ear smiling older widow....they just sat there and listened to music all night

Geoff James said...

Baron:
Delighted to hear that it's not all sermons, Queen or Leonard Cohen would attract a wider audience although in any event, I think I'm headed for the other place ;-).

Baron's Life said...

Hey Geoff...me too but we will do just fine my fine feathered friend...
Leonard Cohen!
happens to be one of my favorite all time Canadians...that's just to show how ancient I'm getting to be

Bluekat said...

lol - Good ones! :)

Baron's Life said...

bluekat,
you fascinate me

bikerted said...

Old bikers never die, they just smell stronger

Radical Twin said...

hi,
great !!!
@+
EE, from RFT
Bikes, Babes, Tattoos and Rock'n'Roll ... Enjoy !